Monday, June 22, 2009

10 jamz i jammed this week

Jesus this makes me feel like a 14 year old girl, but fuck it. Every Monday I'm gonna try to list ten jamz that got me through the week. ...until I get bored of it and quit. Think of it as a nice weekly mix tape from a boy that likes you and just won't give up until you get your older brother to egg his house. Sound good? cool. ..oh yeah just to be clear: these are not obscure bands, or bands to watch or bullshit like that, these are fucking JAMZ. The kind you dance (or cry, or whatever) in your room to.

Prince- I feel for you
I love me some Chaka Khan but the Prince version stayed in heavy rotation this week


Death- Keep on knockin
Reissued cult classic Detroit proto-punk from three African American brothers.


Gucci Mane- Running Back

Gucci Mane is super stoked on everything. Bonus!: string and beatbox (!?) breakdown



The Zeros-Beat your heart out
The Mexican Ramones


The Ramones- I wanna live
The American Ramones


Cerebra Ballzy- Insuficient Fare

New School hardcore


Black Flag-Depression
I saw the Decline of Western Civilization part 1 again recently so this song has burrowed into my brain.




Nobunny- I am a girlfriend
Do yourself a favor see this guy live. Fun and creepy at the same time. He should be playing Oakland plenty this summer



Bill Withers- The same love that made laugh




Chandra- Kate
Awesome early 80's postpunk by a 12 year. A fucking 12 year old




Update: Fuck! Imeem only lets you play 30 seconds of a song, click the "Play full song" link for the, you know, full song. Blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment